Thanksgiving Lip Shades | 2015


Can you believe Thanksgiving is in three weeks? 

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays of the year, the weather is getting cooler, pumpkin spice lattes are everywhere, and it is finally boot season. Of course, I love this time of year to spend time with my family and getting to see friends from out of town, but lets be real I love the FOOD.
My family always make a huge Thanksgiving dinner, filled with stuffing, rolls, cinnamon butter, mashed potatoes, and of course turkey. This year may feel a bit different during the holidays since losing both my grandma and my boyfriends grandma, but knowing they will be there is spirit is pretty comforting.

Now, onto the good stuff! I have been obsessed with all these fall lippies out right now, from vamp to neutral, and thought I would share with you five of my favorites for the Thanksgiving holiday!


NYX | Soft Matte Lip Cream in Copenhagen
My first impression with this lip cream was not so good, as the color was not what I imaged. Thinking the color would be more of a deep purple, it applies with more of a plum shade. Being a fan of NYX products I decided to give it another shot and it turns out I have fallen in love with this shade as it has become a perfect lippie for the fall season. These creamy matte lipsticks go on silky smooth but leaves a matte finish without drying out the lips. 

Maybelline | Color Blur in Plum Please
I dedicated an entire post to these babies (here), so of course I had to mention them in my lippie post. Being my favorite drugstore lipstick, the Plum Please shade is absolutely perfect for fall. I will warn you, the color is almost exactly the same as the NYX Copenhagen but gives you a more glossy finish.  Using the smudger end you can create your own look from a full bold look, to an ombre/ soft look.

Model Co | Matte Lipstick in Dusk Till Dawn
If you are looking for the perfect nude with a hint of color then this is for you. Dusk Till Dawn delivers the perfect semi-matte while lasting all day long! I was highly impressed by the pigmentation and how smudge resistant this is. The vitamin rich formula helps heal dry lips while delivering a coat of this deep nude shade with beige undertones.

ColourPop | Lippie Stix in Grunge

Grunge is such a beautiful deep brown with a small hint of burgundy, making it the lippie of the fall. Throw on a flannel, a beanie, and this lippie and you will be the definition of fall. These high quality lippie pencils from ColourPop are long wearing and are so pigmented you wont even believe they are only $5. The formula they use is almost too good to be true, being non-drying while giving you that matte finish, and keeping your lips moisturized.  

Ofra | Liquid Lipstick in Miami Fever


Of course I had to purchase this after KathleenLights announced she created a liquid lipstick with Ofra Cosmetics. If you have never tried out one of their liquid lipsticks, you are missing out. The matte formula contains Vitamin E, antioxidants, and provides a layer of lasting color.



What is your favorite fall lippie? 


Please share this on your social media! xo

follow me | facebook | twitter | instagram | pinterest | google+ | bloglovin' 


No comments

Search