Top Highlighters | 2016




I am blaming this highlighting rave on Mrs. Jaclyn Hill, the queen of highlighting. I have to say I am obsessed with trying out new highlights, not just new products, but also on different areas on my face. From the cheekbones to the cupids bow, highlighters can be placed pretty much wherever you want it. I personally like to place highlighters on my cheekbones, cheeks, nose, and my cupids bow (note: if you have a thin upper lip, this will help your lip look fuller and plump).
I have listed below two “high” end highlighters and two drug store highlighters that I am using constantly. Let me know in the comments some of your favorites!

This is a beautiful 3-in-1 stick that can be used to add glow to your eyes, lips, and face. I personally love this as a highlight right on the cheekbones. Persimmon is the PERFECT highlight for any skin tone and gives you an amazing glow. The longevity is super impressive, since his is a cream highlight it stays on the skin all day long. So, for only $1.00 I would say this has to be one, if not my favorite drug store highlighter. 
I know I included this in my November favorites but I couldn’t leave it out of this post. For me, wet n wild products have never been my favorite from the drug store, until this little guy. The Fergie shimmer palette delivers pigment to DIE for, though you do need to use a good amount, it is totally worth the $6. (Read more about the Fergie Shimmer Palette on my November Favorites post!)
How could I not include this palette? Okay, I know, it may be over talked about but it’s really worth all the hype. The palette includes three beautiful pressed skin perfectors; Pearl, Champagne Pop, and Blushed Copper. You know Queen Jaclyn Hill would never disappoint us with anything, especially highlighters, so you know it has to be good. I usually apply Pearl to my cheekbones, nose, and cupids bow when I am going for a more natural simple look, and will mix Pearl and Champagne Pop when going for a fiercer look.
I have been using this palette for the past month now and don’t plan on stopping anytime soon. Now, this is a post about highlighters but I will say the eye shadows are AMAZING and highly pigmented, the perfect shades for an everyday look. OKAY, let’s stay on topic, the highlighters in the palette are perfection, you go Carli! The palette includes four different shades (not named), one to fit everyone’s skin tone. I absolutely love mixing the first two and applying them on the cheekbones, nose, forehead, and cupids bow. The only complaint I have (it’s not really a complaint), is that it does not last all day, a good 4 hours maybe, but none the less, it’s still one of my favorites!


Favorite Highlighting Brush


I have tried a few different brushes when applying my highlights and this brush is by far the best, plus its only $4! My tip, if you do get this brush for highlighting is to rough it up a little bit!


What is your favorite highlight?



Please share this on your social media! xo


follow me | facebook twitter | instagram | pinterest | google+ | bloglovin' 

No comments

Search