Five Minute Work Routine



I won’t deny it, I am not a morning person as soon as I wake up all I can think of is getting my coffee, fast! Giving myself less than thirty minutes in the morning to get ready? You’re probably thinking, “Is she crazy?”  Maybe so. But, I have perfected a five minute makeup routine that is so simple, anyone can do it. This routine does not require any fancy products or fancy tools, you can use anything from high end to drug store products.



This quick routine calls for five simple products that we all have in our makeup bag;
PRIME: First, you will need to prime. I could go on and on about primers, so I will keep it short for now. Primers are great for many reasons: eases application, fills in fine lines and pores, reduces redness and discoloration, and prolongs makeup wear. For this five minute routine I use the Benefit POREfessional only on areas where I am oily and have larger pores (for me that’s my T zone). I know, this is a pricy product but a great dupe for this is the Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser.
Concealer is optional!
FACE: Second, use a BB Cream or your everyday foundation. BB creams have many benefits: they contain an SPF (which is great for those hot summer months) tinted moisturizers which cover imperfections, prevent breakouts, prime the skin, and prevent shine. I apply the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream with a foundation brush. The only downfall of BB creams are they have to be applied typically every two to three hours. If you are not feeling the BB cream trend, go ahead and use whatever foundation you have. I use the MAC ProLongwear Foundation this is the only foundation I've found that actually looks natural and keeps my skin moisturized.




CHEEKS: Next, I go in with some blush! Since I am fair skinned I use the NYX Cream Blush in Natural. Cream blushes are great for those of us who have dry skin. Since this look is very simple, I recommend choosing a neutral color or one that compliments your skin tone. 
EYES: After we apply our blush then it’s on to our eyes. This is by far the easiest step. Using the Lorac Pro Fiber mascara, I apply two coats to each eye. The fiber in this mascara is made to lengthen and volumize your lashes. A dupe for this is the Loreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes mascara.
LIPS: Lastly, your lips. This is such a simple look you can go bold with a red, or keep it neutral with some pinks or nudes. I usually go for pink shades, like the e.l.f lip crayon in Pink Umbrella topped with NYX Butter Gloss is Maple Blondie. If you are more of a lip balm kind of girl (or guy), I recommend trying the NYX Butter Lip Balm, they have so many shades to choose from and are reasonably priced.

EXTRA: If you have some extra time, add a highlight! Highlighters are to be applied above the cheekbones, right above your blush. This will give you a glow which will help make you look fresh and awake. I use the BeccaChampaign Pop highlighter, and ladies (and gents), it is totally worth every penny. If you are familiar with Jaclyn Hill on YouTube, this is the highlighter she created with Becca Cosmetics. This highlight is perfect for all skin tones. There are a few drugstore products that work just as well, like Loreal’s TrueMatch Lumi Illuminator, and the e.l.f Blush Stick in Persimmon. 

That’s all for me today. I hope this helps shorten up your morning routine and helps you get to your coffee faster. Comment below if you have any questions or comments about your routine, I would love to hear from you! Thanks for reading!

Follow me on Bloglovin

Edited by SJ

No comments

Search